Sunday, June 14, 2009

Denial

March 21, 2009

Riddle me this: how far down can confusion go? Can a person (one of flesh and blood, of beating heart and throbbing mind) sincerely choose falsity or evil (what is the same irreality)?

So much depends on whether a man can soberly choose his own undermining. Can you look into the radiance of truth and say no?

Some will deny the possibility. "You are only looking into a mirror, where the reflection loses some of its luster. You can deny the false gods, even those who are so near to the true that they share but one truth in common. But never, never could you see the truth and ever deny it. The truth is overwhelming. Whenever you are subjected to it, your will evaporates and you must obey."

Is this because you yourself are a lie, a less than truth? Does the light of truth eviscerate all darkness, whatever its manifestation?

What of the mechanism of self-loathing (one of the most potent forces in the human heart)? "No. You are too beautiful for me. I see you, you have entered into me, and I reject you. Not because my eyes reject you, or because my brain cannot comprehend you, but because I will not allow it! You will not dwell in me, and you will be nothing to me--not because you are nothing, but owing to your purity and simplicity--which makes you all the easier to deny!"

What of pride? "You are bright, I grant you that. Indeed, my eyes squint in your presence. But, I have the power to overcome you. Not through concentrated reflection of your rays, but through my own generation. I outshine you truth!"

Are these not real possibilities?

Some will always deny it. "You cannot look into the truth and deny it! All that you blow over are nothing but straw men. The Truth responds, "I never knew ye!" and you never knew Him. The truth has this foundational element of reciprocity. The truth resonates. If you are not vibrating, you are not in proximity."

No comments:

Post a Comment